1. National Pretzel Month: Pumpkin Beer Cheese Pretzels
The combo of a warm cheesy dip and baked soft pretzels is such a cozy fall vibe. The dip is made with pumpkin beer, which adds another dimension of flavor.
2. National Seafood Month: Easy Cioppino
This dish contains all the seafood, like clams, mussels, cod, shrimp and scallops. Simmer in a tomato wine broth and you have an impressive, company-worth meal. Serve with toasty bread for dipping.
3. National Sausage Pizza Day (October 11): Fennel Sausage Pizza
Get familiar with fennel because the licorice-flavored bulb pairs so nicely with a zesty sausage. Caramelize the fennel and brown the sausage before topping the pizza, because it gives the whole pie that toasty flavor that’s so scrumptious.
4. National Mushroom Day (October 15): Mushroom Risotto with Frizzled Leeks
Celebrate the meaty, mighty mushroom with a recipe that’s like a warm blanket for your soul. You can leave out the parmesan cheese if you need a vegan dish.
5. National Pasta Day (October 17): Pasta Puttanesca
The simple but flavor-packed pasta recipe should become a staple in the kitchen. Make it with tinned anchovy fillets and good Kalamata olives for the most punch.
6. National Pumpkin Cheesecake Day (October 21): Pecan Pie Pumpkin Cheesecake
Sure, we love a pumpkin pie. And then there’s pumpkin cheesecake— a winning variation. But this Pecan Pie Pumpkin Cheesecake? Blowing our minds!
7. National Potato Day (October 27): Melting Potatoes
In honor of the potato, we give you this basic but delicious recipe that highlights crispy, buttery potato goodness, with minimum effort. Potatoes are oven-roasted, then topped with a garlic lemon broth so they melt in your mouth.
8. National Chocolate Day (October 28): Chocolate Magic Custard Cake
If you want all the chocolate for National Chocolate Day, this one has it: fudge on the bottom, custard in the middle and sponge cake on top. It’s easy, too, as it just uses one batter for all three layers. Is it magic or science?
9. National Oatmeal Day (October 29): Caramelized Banana Oatmeal
You deserve the best oatmeal on this oatmeal holiday, so take a few extra minutes to whip up a gourmet breakfast. It’s so good, you could eat it for dessert, too!
10. National Caramel Apple Day (October 31): Caramel Apple Dream Cake
Why settle for just one caramel apple when you can have your cake and eat it, too? This cake incorporates apples and caramel into the batter and frosting for the full caramel apple flavor, and then plunks some caramel apples on top to seal the deal.